Monday, November 23, 2009

Hello, second trimester.


Well, exciting news. I am officially in my second trimester and the chances of carrying to term in 90%! That takes a lot of stress off me and makes me much worry free. This past week has been a pretty good one. I had my first trimester screening and it went really well, everything should be a-okay in there. I also had another ultra sound and it was so awesome. I got to hear the heart beat for the first time and see him/her move around all over the place. At the beginning of the ultrasound, it was sleeping and being very still, but the ultra sound tech started moving me around and mashing on my belly and it startled him/her awake. (which was totally cute to see...) It kicked its little legs out and swung its fists over their face and then turned away... :) aw. He/she was moshing in my belly!

Anyways, I'm still very tired all the time, although I have been making it past 10:30 these past couple of days... I think I didn't go to bed last night til Midnight... Woah!

Welp, anywho- this is what my little mosher is up to this week:
"He or she now weighs about 2.5 ounces and is roughly 3.5 inches in length. Little hairs, known as lanugo, will start to cover their body this week, as their sense of taste and smell are further refined. Their cozy little amniotic sac is also increasing in size and mass as it continues to fill with more fluid."

It is also practicing smiling, grimacing, frowning, and squinting.

Last night my mom told me that she was getting really excited about me having a baby. That made me feel good.

I .heart. my baby. :)

-Mamabear

No comments:

Post a Comment