Sunday, November 15, 2009

12!

Hai! Well, I am officially in week 12. I have one more week and I am out of my first trimester, which will be a completely new breath of fresh hour. My paranoia of something going wrong should go down and I should be able to relax a little bit, because my chances of carrying to term is bumped up from 75% to 90%... Woohoo!

This coming up Thursday, the 19th, I have another doctor appointment. I'm getting a first trimester screening... which is where they take a piece of the placenta and is testing the baby for birth defects or chromosomal deficiencies. Even though I am sure there is nothing wrong with the little baby, I just want to be 100% sure and plus, I get another ultra sound and I will take any opportunity to to see my baby wiggle around. Yeah! I am kinda nervous though, I'm not really sure how they do the test and that kinda freaks me out. Plus, my Mom can't go with me because she's going to be out of town doing something for her work, and Jack has to work. :( -sigh- But I really hope Natalie can come with me, because I really, really don't want to go by myself. I get scared.

Anyways, here's what my little baby bee is up to this week:

"Even though your little Einstein’s body is still growing quite rapidly 2 inches long right now, the overall super-speedy growth of their amazing brain continues to leave the head proportionately larger than the body— and is actually slightly more than one third of their total body mass! The head and neck are still straightening at this point as can be seen by their little chin lifting off of the chest. Your baby is also actively rehearsing “breathing” by using amniotic fluid to prepare the lungs for future air respiration.

The big news: your little pooper is now officially going to need diapers! Although a majority of the waste produced is transferred to the mother’s system for discharge (to avoid having it linger in the amniotic sac), some urine is released to the amniotic fluid and your baby will actually breathe it in before it passing it on to your for discharge. Not to worry, urine--in this particular form, is completely harmless to your baby."


Ew, that last part is kinda... disgusting. Ha Ha... but oh well. Least I don't gotta buy any diapers for awhile! Bwahah!

Oh! and last week I was at Babies R Us and I found the crib bedding I really, really want. :) It's got baby animals on it and lots of different colors, so if it's a boy or girl, it will work out. (I say this because I plan on painting the babies room before I find out the sex, My sister and I are planning to paint when she comes home for the holidays.)

Okay! Well, there you go! There's this week.


See you next week.

-Mama Bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment