Friday, December 11, 2009

On with week 16!

Hey, I would like to apologize for forgetting to post about week 15. I've started a new job and the hours keep me pretty busy. It's a great job though and I am very excited to have the opportunity to work for it. It's full time, benefits, and the hours aren't too terrible. I've been in training all this week and last week so my mind is a little fried... a lot of stuff to remember and learn. Anyways, before I talk about this week, let me give you a little update about what was going on during my 15th week.

"Your nearly four-inch long gymnast is happily mobile inside your womb and if you're really lucky, you’ll notice a point when your sneezing, coughing or laughing results in a little kick here or a poke there. Still, many women don't feel anything until the 17th week or later. Although the poking and kicking isn't very charming during sleeping hours, it’s a good sign as it means your baby is actually reacting to outside events. Yay! You’ve got yourself one active healthy baby! Their little elbows and knees are bending more freely this week and their little legs are finally growing longer than their arms and getting pumped up for prenatal Richard Simmons. Many of their major organ systems are increasing in capacity—particularly that amazing tiny heart and complex circulation system, which is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood per day, and will increase to a very impressive 200 quarts per day by the end of the pregnancy. As far as hair goes, we’ve got some new scalp patterns beginning to develop on the head, although actual head hair is not yet present."

Well, I guess I'm lucky because I felt my little baby move a little bit here and there during my 15th week. It's only at night time when I lay a certain way and I'm really quiet and paying attention. It's very subtle but it's almost a familiar feeling. It makes me happy to feel it. :)

Now, this week is the most common week to find out what I have inside me, although my doctor will not do my anatomy screening until I'm 18 - 20 weeks along... but that's not too long! I'm going to beg my doctor to do it right before Christmas. It'll be right before my 18th week begins, so hopefully, I can get her to cave in... teehee.

The only lame part and negative side effects I'm feeling is ligament pains in my stomach. Those hurt and make me feel sick. I've also been getting some nausea again... the other day I threw up my lunch... ew.

Okay, so here's what it says about week 16, cause I know you all are dying to know... ;)

"Their head to body ratio is finally starting to even out a bit as the rest of the body is actually growing faster than the head at this point. Yes, your little light bulb is not so top-heavy. Their adorable little limbs have lengthened, almost reaching their normal proportions which they will have at birth. Their eyes are still closed but moving and if you had an ultrasound, which many doctors recommend you have at about this time, you may even see your little one sucking on a thumb, not to mention the necessary signifiers to let you know whether you’ve got a wee lad or lassie."

Not too much but it's neat that their eyes are developing. I think that it can hear loud noises now, but I'd have to do some research on that before I say before... I heard bout the 16th week is when they start to hear and what not, but I've been talking to baby since I found out! Jack actually talked to my belly, pets it, and has kissed it... which I totally think is awesome. I'm a lucky girl.

Anyways, that bout sums it all up! :D I'm going to start taking bets soon on the sex, so place your wages soon. :P

Mamabear Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment